Welcome to Holy Spirit College.
It is our aim to create for you a place of learning, community and achievement based on our belief in the risen Christ as expressed in our Catholic tradition. In all we do we seek to “live by the Truth” for it is in truth that we find the best of ourselves and the best of others.
In seeking to ‘Live by the Truth’ we have as our guides our six key values. These values are drawn from our Christian Catholic tradition and they guide all we do here at Holy Spirit College. These values we hope will be found in the classroom, on the sporting field, at prayer, in the playground, in the staffroom, at Parents and Friends meetings, and in all we do and in all we say. In short these values express what we want you as a student to experience and to do while you are at this school and indeed we want you to take these values with you when you leave this school into the wider community.
These values are what we refer to here as our six R’s, students are encouraged to have Reverence for God and know they are loved; to Respect themselves and others; to take Responsibility in their lives; to form positive Relationships in their lives with both family and friends; to work toward having the Results they deserve and to be Resilient young men and women who make a positive contribution to the world
Mrs Amanda Wilson
Holy Spirit College is a Catholic learning community providing opportunities which empower all students to achieve their greatest potential.
It is the mission of all members of the Holy Spirit College community to work collaboratively in promoting the intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional, social and moral growth of our students in a caring Christian environment in the Catholic tradition.
· to promote an awareness of God’s place in our daily lives
· to facilitate a positive learning environment
· to celebrate a diverse community
· to provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum and extra curricula
· to assist our students to grow in responsibility and self discipline
· to develop a community based on mutual respect and integrity
· to foster a greater awareness of and sense of responsibility to the wider community
Holy Spirit College will work together as a community to develop quality Catholic teaching and learning and the positive values of Respect, Responsibility, Reverence, Results, Relationships and Resilience.
These statements are communicated to members of the school community by the:
· Interaction of students and staff in teaching and learning opportunities
· College website
· College newsletter
· Posters in classrooms
· School assemblies
· Enrolment material
· Course/Subject information booklets
· Parent Information Evenings
· KLA and Pastoral Care programs